Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Justin Bieber!

What an amazing day!  Apparently today is Justin Bieber's birthday.  I know this because the kids at school  let me know.  We celebrated by turning up his music and having a dance party.  I got some really cute videos of my kids dancing.  I would love to post the video, but I'm pretty sure that's a privacy issue.

Then the day went drastically downhill.  We had an unexpected fire drill and one of my kids tried to run down the street.  I literally had to sprint after him in front of the whole school.  How embarrassing!  I caught him and he proceeded to try to beat on me the rest of the day.  My job is such a good workout!  I think it would qualify as kickboxing if I were allowed to fight back.  As it is, I just do a whole lot of self defense and restraints, which actually require a lot of strength.

Speaking of workouts, Stacy and I went to a new class at the YMCA last night.  It is called 20-20-20.  It involves 20 minutes of cardio (we did step aerobics), 20 minutes of strength training (lunges and lifting), and 20 minutes of yoga/pilates.  It was a really good workout, slightly harder than step and burn so I know I'll see great results if I keep it up.  Apparently the instructor is one of Beth's parents.  And also she's 3 months pregnant.  I hope I'm in that good of shape when I'm prego!

Also, I got an iPhone last night and I absolutely adore it.  Its so incredibly easy to use.  There was hardly any adjustment period at all.  Texting is even easier than I thought it would be.  I hate to say it, but it's sooo much better than my blackberry.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like an eventful day! How old is Justin now? That sucks you had to chase your kid in front of the school! At least you could consider that a workout? I wish I could go to 20/20/20 - that sounds awesome!! Were you sore after? Is it on Mondays and Wednesdays? Waaa I miss the Y classes!! My gym now doesn't have classes and my schedule is too random to join them somewhere else... hopefully one day I'll do it again. I still miss Step&Burn! My mom goes still goes to yoga and spinning every week - do you see her?

    Hopefully today is better than yesterday. It's Wednesday which means we're almost through the week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super sore after my workout Monday. Luckily I've had plenty of opportunities this week to work my muscles so they don't get too tight. I haven't seen your mom but I wish I would. Maybe I will go to spinning on Sat mornings...

    ReplyDelete