Popular Posts

Saturday, March 5, 2011

It's Tea-bag time!!!

I'm 27 and I'm old because t-shirt time (Pauly D's phrase for getting ready to go to the club, around midnight) has become t-bag time (time for my evening tea before bed, around eight o'clock).  I love it though because it's warm, delicious and I can drink it while catching up on my DVR.

This week I bought two new teas.  First, I got Celestial Seasonings Wellness Tea.  It is an echinacea complete care herbal supplement tea.  It claims to promote the body's natural defenses, contains vitamin C and zinc, all the while providing you with a soothing eucalyptus flavor.  This week was a great test for this tea.  I spent a great deal of time face to face with one of my students who was coming down with a cold.  I drank my tea all week and by Friday I was feeling slightly under the weather.  However, my aide and "sick boy" were feeling downright terrible.  So did the tea make the difference or was it simply because I eat a well balanced diet and always get ample sleep at night?  I don't know the answer but the important fact for me is that the tea tastes delicious and therefore I will continue to drink it.

The other tea I bought is from a new brand I saw at Wal-Mart.  The brand is called Yogi and I got the detox tea which is supposed to promote healthy liver and kidney function.  The flavor is great, has spice of the "chai variety" which I always enjoy.   I like the Yogi tea because it uses organic ingredients and has a nice little quote on the label of each tea bag.  It is more expensive than other brands though, which is a downfall.

All in all they are both teas I would recommend and buy again, except I always like to try new things so it'll probably be a while before I get around to buying these again.

Also,  I know I've talked about "cleanse diets" with both of you.  I asked my friend Gretchen, who is a nutritionist her professional opinion on the subject.  She basically said that our bodies have their own cleansing organs (liver and kidneys) that do this job for us so we shouldn't have to do anything out of the ordinary to cleanse our bodies.  She says the best thing to do is hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and make sure you're eating plenty of fruits, veggies and whole grains.  I'm kind of glad, because that sounds much easier than any of the cleanse diets I researched.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the tea-bag time thing... so funny!!!! I like tea, too. I just bought a new vanilla chai from world market and it's delicious when you make it with milk.

    ahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete