Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

MAC Wonder Woman Review

So I know its been a little while since we got our stuff I haven't really gone anywhere to try out my new stuff yet. However, last weekend Drew and I went out to dinner and I tested out my new Wonder Woman Eyeshadow.

Im not gonna lie, I wasnt all that impressed with the lighter shades. BUT, I think it was because I used the Urban Decay primer potion as my primer. I SHOULD have used my MAC paint pot. They lighter colors would have probably shown up better. Also I am having issues with my MAC brushes. Im wondering if I ruined them when I cleaned them. I use the MAC brush cleaner but I'm worried that they are getting dried out. Anyone have that stuff? It's a pink liquid that I got when i bought a couple of brushes.

Also I really do like the lip stick and lip gloss that I have. I probably should not have got it though because it is really similar to blankety lipstick that I already have. But oh well another one to add to the collection.

Other than that I really like what I got.

P.S. if anyone is interested in seeing a makeup tutorial of Kim Kardashian her Makeup artist and her posted one on youtube and its mostly all MAC products. She does use Angel lipstick in it too Annie. With the NARS Turkish Delight lipgloss over top. If either of you tried your new stuff let me know what you think. As always im looking to add to my collection.

6 comments:

  1. I really like the MAC lip stuff I bought that day... although I have to admit, I haven't worn the bright red yet. I wear the Wonder Woman lip gloss that I bought a lot and the pink lipstick ("speed dial")... oh and speaking of new MAC stuff, I absolutely LOVE the gel eyeliner that I bought over the weekend... it's easy to put on and stays on really well through the day.

    Thanks for the Kim video heads up! I'm definitely going to look up that youtube video tonight - you know I LOVE Kim and her makeup! Sometimes I pause the TV when she's on and try to think of how I could do my eyes like that... I know, sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and by the way, I only own one mac brush and just bought it over the weekend... I've never used actual brush cleaner on my brushes... usually just use soap and water. If I were you, I'd take them to mac and ask what to do... especially if you are using their cleaner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about my eyeshadows. I like the two darker ones, but the two lighter ones don't do anything for me. That's all I got of the Wonder Woman Collection.

    The other pieces I got, I absolutely love. I love my purple liquid liner and my fig eyeshadow (especially the fig). The brush I got was great.

    I had a rough time with my brushes after I washed them last. I did the EVOO and baby shampoo and my big fluffy brush was "shedding" for quite a while after. I recently read that EVOO strips the brushes of their natural fibers, so now I'm not sure how to clean my brushes. I'm so confused!!

    Can't wait to check out Kim's video. I saw that Kandee Johnson posted it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I think I will ask next time I get to the store and see what they tell me about my brushes. That sucks if EVOO strips them because I followed makeup geek and thats what she said to do. Dang!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and if either of you are interested, I met some friends for dinner tonight and my one friend said that lady gaga does makeup tutorials too. I think they are on youtube. I haven't looked for them yet but I will keep you posted on what i find. I'm not that into her makeup look but I'm kind of intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm interested in the Gaga videos. I've been looking for a new "crazy" look :) Actually, I recently saw an interview with Gaga for the grammy's and I was actually kind of impressed with what she had to say. Keep me posted on the videos...

    ReplyDelete