Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sexy New Look

So I just tried this new makeup look that I saw on Makeup Geek.  I watched the video and thought it was GORGEOUS!  I obviously do not have all of the exact products and when I went to try the look myself, I couldn't get the video to load again.  So I now present to you the look I created from memory using the products I have on hand.  You can check out Marlena's look here: Marlena's Version







Products Used:

Face:
Youngblood Mineral Primer
Youngblood Mineral Foundation- Sun Kissed

Cheeks:
Youngblood Pressed Mineral Blush- Blossom

Eyes:
MAC Paint Pot- Bare Study
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil- Oyster
stila Eye Shadow- Bronze
MAC Eye Shadow- Fig
MAC Wonder Woman Eye Shadow- Defiance
MAC Wonder Woman Eye Shadow- Real Drama
Prestige Eye Shadow- Golden Retriever
MAC Eye Pencil- Ebony
MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liner- Smokey Heir
Maybelline Falsies Mascarra- Very Black

Lips-
MAC Amplified Lipstick- Blankety
NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss- Beige


I really LOVE this look.  It's super dramatic and I used scotch tape for the first time to get the harsh line. I think I could tone it down a bit for less dramatic events (i.e. anything in Wooster) by not using tape and softening the lines a bit.  What do you girls think?

*Disclaimer*
1.) I am not a professional photographer or model, especially when photographing myself :)
2.) Not sure if there are any copyright issues here, but the great idea is all from www.makeupgeek.com


Enjoy

4 comments:

  1. I freaking love that! That looks awesome! I saw that on her page. You did such a great job. How do you like the maybelline Falsies I have heard good things? I really really like that, and good job with the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually not a huge fan of the Falsies. I'm using it now bc I bought it and I want to get my moneys worth lol. I think it's good for lengthening, but I prefer more thickening mascaras, which I don't think this does a very good job of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I know what you mean. Another good one is the Loreal Voluminous that one is really good for thickening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! this looks freakin awesome. I need to figure out the scotch tape thing for dramatic lines. I've been wanting to try the falsies so thanks for the advice... probably will stick to something else for more volume.

    ReplyDelete